Monday, May 14, 2007

Scenes From a Wedding

My cousin Bethany and her fiance Todd married on Saturday evening. The event couldn't have been more perfect. I was lucky enough to get a photo of Bethany during the ceremony with G-mama looking on, although it was a bit tricky. The church was dimly lit, but the setting sun shown lightly through the stained glass giving the entire ceremony a dreamlike effect. Bethany looked as if she'd just walked off the pages of Bride's magazine, the gown an ideal match for her features: elegant, classic, stunning. My favorite part of the ceremony was a touching reading by the mother of the bride.

I kept thinking back to my teenage years of the summer spent babysitting the bride and her sister. Bethany was such a happy, active toddler and her sister the cutest, sweetest and most helpful little girl. It was one of the most memorable summers of my youth: days filled with hide-and-seek, coloring, puzzles and nights of listening to music with the windows wide open.
I am bound to digress even further unless I stop myself now. My main objective was to post some photos from the reception.

Mona BB and Tony enjoying the band
Tyler and Toby - The Prom Pose

G-mama and The Gang

I took lots more pictures with the old-fashioned Canon 35 mm, but those will take days to be developed. I apologize for the short post, but I just finished hosting a dinner for my parents and brother. I'm dragging just a bit.

Namaste




1 comment:

gmamma-junior said...

Great recap of the wedding; super pix! It certainly was a night to remember.