Sunday, August 12, 2007

Last night I was treated to dinner at the home of friends Jeremy and Sue Ellen. The meal was delicious: veal piccata, grilled vegetables and gnocchi. Sue Ellen tried to teach me the art of making gnocchi, but I'm not sure it really took since I'd finished at least 1/2 bottle of red wine by that time. The more wine, the more conversation, and a question was posed that caused quite a bit of discussion: if a person is sexy, does that generally equate to that person's being a good lover? There was no general concensus. What do you guys think?

After dinner we went out on the deck with the last of our wine and watched the meteor showers. It was a perfect night. The sky was crystal clear. The temperature was just right. We saw several falling stars, but I never wished on one. I am not sure if that means I'm cynical or hopeless.

Namaste

No comments: