Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Still Here

I just got back from dinner...this time at Jimmy Corino's. It was ok. The bread was good. The service was excellent. That's one thing I've noticed about the people here...they are all friendly. So far I've had pretty great service everywhere I've been. Even the airport employees are nice here.

A friend of mine just called from Myrtle Beach. I felt embarrassed that I was already in my room, already in my pajamas, so I didn't mention it when he asked what I was doing. It's 7:20 p.m. The sun has yet to even set here. That's another weird thing about Texas. It doesn't get dark here until about 8 or 8:30 p.m. It's deceiving...well, to other people I would think it is deceiving. I am the kind of person who gets in bed at 7 p.m. when they're out of town for fear of missing their flight the next day. I'm pathetic. Last night I fell asleep at 8 p.m. watching a PBS special on Oprah's family tree. What is wrong with me?!

I always eat too much when I'm out of town. I eat because I have nothing else to do. I hate going to the movies when I'm out of town. It's just too unfamiliar. I already shopped and had to stop myself before it was too late. At least the wind stopped whistling violently. My face is actually windburned this afternoon. Well, I'll go now. My ramblings are beginning to get on my own nerves. Tune in tomorrow.

Namaste

2 comments:

Tim said...

Wishing you safe travels home today ChristaD.

It definitely does stay lighter longer on the west side of the time zones, doesn't it? I remember living in Amarillo, TX (which is just 60 miles from the mountain time zone) and watching Chicago Cubs home games on WGN. At the time, Wrigley Field (on the other side of the Central Time Zone) did not have lights (does that date me?) and they would be calling games for darkness while the sun was still fairly high in the sky in Amarillo. I guess that proves the earth is round or something!

MCD said...

True! Last summer when I was in TX (Amarillo, actually), the sun was just setting at 10 p.m. It messed with my internal clock, that's for sure.