Thursday, December 6, 2007

One Kentucky Writer has tagged me, and although I am not yet up to full capacity (friends are working on my computer problem), I do have a small window of opportunity to post while out of town. Here's the skinny:

Link to the tagger and post these rules on your blog. Share five facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag five people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
  1. Just a few years back, a very good friend of mine called me and then boyfriend "O Canada" to the front lines. To this day it remains one of the most exhilarating jobs I've ever held: running the spotlight for Lou Rawls. We stood on a platform directly behind Lou's sound and light guy who shouted orders at us through some funky 1970s headphones. I had no concept of the light's actual power. Up to that point, I had been impressed by the 100 watt bulb. I completely blinded Lou upon his big stage entrance. As he waved his free, unmicrophoned hand over his eyes in a surrendering motion and the sound/light guy screamed "BACK OFF OF LOU! BACK OFF OF LOU!," I struggled to regain my composure enough to find dim. When I did, without hesitating, Lou launched into "You'll never find..." The rest is Paducah Riverfront history.
  2. In the early 1990s I lived in a funeral home.
  3. Sometimes if I hear an unusual word, I will type the word in my head over and over. I imagine my hands on the keys, the keystrokes, spelling. Sometimes without realizing it, my fingers will be moving. This has been going on since my eighth grade typing class. I guess it serves a purpose as my spelling is slightly above average.
  4. When I was growing up I wanted to be a cowgirl, veterinarian, television journalist (in that order). Then I graduated high school and had no idea.
  5. My life's dream is to visit Alaska.

I'm tagging Joy.

Namaste

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Great list!

Brenda said...

The Lou Rawls Show! How well I remember your stepping right up to the plate and taking charge, Christa. I was SO impressed!