Saturday, April 14, 2007

Today I am preparing for a bridal shower in honor of my cousin. Last night I came home and made Mexican wedding cakes and Curtis Grace praline cookies for the occasion. If you have an opportunity, pick up this cookbook. It includes all of his best recipes. My daughter Barclay bought a copy for me one Christmas and had it signed by Curtis shortly before he passed away. In it he wrote "To Christa - good food and good friends are life's greatest pleasures!" I cherish it and use it constantly (thanks, Haley!). Following is his incredibly easy recipe for these heavenly treats:

Praline Cookies

24 graham cracker squares

1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped finely

1 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 cup butter

Place graham crackers close together on 12x15 cookie sheet or jelly roll pan; sprinkle pecans over crackers. Boil sugar and butter 4 minutes. Pour hot syrup over nuts. Bake at 325 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

That's all there is to it!

I heard tell that Project Runway is gearing up for another season, but I can't find anything about it on BravoTV.com. Ugh! We want more Tim Gunn! Oh how I wish he would come down for a visit. I think he would enjoy the Lowertown Festival, don't you?

Also, if you haven't tuned into Bravo lately, Six Feet Under has begun its cycle anew. If you've never seen it, I beg you to give it a try. It's the best television show I've seen in years. The writing is fabulous. You will not be disappointed.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to cooking. I have a few more things to make for the shower. See you soon!

Namaste

No comments: