Monday, June 4, 2007

Top Chef Season 3

I am so excited about the new season of Top Chef starting June 13 that I've spent the last hour browsing Tom Colicchio's cooking (as opposed to cook) books on Amazon.com. I am especially lusting after Think Like a Chef. I have always admired Tom's straightforward comments about the dishes prepared on the show. He doesn't mince words when it comes to criticism, but he will also give credit where credit is due. He's not one of these egomaniacs who believes that up-and-comers could never hold a candle to what he himself did in the kitchen last week. Tom is always incredibly professional, which makes me think I need at least one of his books for my very small collection.

To get me even more wound up about Season 3 of Top Chef, there's a Celebrity Chef Death Match [beware - video link] scheduled for Wednesday night, June 6 which pits Season 1 Chefs against Season 2. Can you even imagine? That means at least one more look at Chef Sam Talbot. Good Lord. Talk about bringing the heat in a kitchen. Whew!
Namaste

No comments: