Sunday, July 1, 2007

Nickel Creek

Nickel Creek is coming to The Carson Center! My friend Brad just sent me this link that I think you will enjoy. I especially liked the clip of Nick Thile as a kid (even younger than now). Their music is hard to describe. (Is there such thing as bluegrass jazz?) A lot of their music is free form, with long musical diversions highlighting the talent each has with his or her preferred instrument (The Smoothie Song). But they also dance along the folk genre as in the songs Green and Gray and The Lighthouse's Tale.
Tickets are on sale now (and are cheap, cheap, cheap) for the event in Paducah on July 13. I believe that you will not be disappointed in what promises to be a phenomenal show.
See you there!
Namaste

3 comments:

j. said...

ChristaD-
Remember me? I just wanted to send a note letting you know how much I enjoy your blog - I linked to you from Bizzy -

Thanks for the Nickel Creek link -I am planning to attend the concert, I have never heard them so I am looking forward to it. Hope you are doing well.
Namaste

MCD said...

Hey there! How have you been? Thanks for the comment. I am SO excited about Nickel Creek this weekend that I can hardly contain myself. I think it will be fabulous. See you at the concert!

j. said...

I can't hardly wait either, hope to see you there as well. Take care.

Joy