Saturday, July 7, 2007

Paris Je T'Aime


Last night my friends Brad, Justin and I took in Paris Je T'Aime at the MAC. The film was pretty cool and perfect for moviegoers with ADD since it was actually 18 movies in one. Being fluent in French, Brad kept me updated on the subtitle failures and provided a guided tour of the city through each of the vignettes. The last installment provided us with insight as to what quilters might feel in our own City of Murals. (So much to see, so little time.) It was hilarious, but Brad, Justin and I seemed to be the only people giggling. I think we were supposed to be feeling her loneliness, but I guess we're way too cynical for that sort of thing.
I need to take a moment here to tell you about my infatuation with Gerard Depardieu. He played a tiny part in one of the vignettes, but during the entire five minutes I just wanted more Gerard. What the...? Brad says it's just that I have a thing for big, round bellies, but it's more than that. It goes beyond his basketball-sized waist, enormous nose and unintelligible French accent. Something about his on-screen diffidence makes him incredibly endearing and quite sexy. I also can't get enough of Rufus Sewell (who also starred), despite his propensity to wall-eye on occasion. But that's much easier to see (no pun intended). Gerard seems to have a commanding presence that most actors do not have, something mysterious. Is this what is meant by je nais se qua?
Namaste

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You've been tagged as a Rockin' Blogger Girl! Check it out at http://bizzyblogging.blogspot.com/2007/07/you-like-me-you-really-like-me.html