Monday, August 6, 2007

Congratulations to Allison and Ian on the birth of their new baby boy, Isaac. I love this picture of Justin holding him.

From what I can gather, all is well with Allison. It's crazy how you can just sorta schedule a baby these days. The whole time she was pregnant, Allison knew her due date. "Area" doctors have come a long way. In the days of Fred and Barney when my kids were born, health care professionals had to consult the I Ching and Magic 8 Ball before venturing a guess as to the birth date of a child. In addition, there were labor rooms and then there were delivery rooms. There was absolutely NO mixing of the two. And no one, NO ONE was allowed in delivery aside from the doctor, five nurses, seven surgical techs, three residency students and the father. What if someone other than a health care professional breathed on the baby? There are health standards to think about, you know.

All that said, I have to send out a big hug to Allison. She has been a real trooper through this whole thing and even worked up until practically the last possible moment. (The girl is tough, I'm telling you.) Congratulations. He's adorable.

I know you're wondering, so I will go ahead and tell you: I am reading As Simple As Snow by Gregory Galloway right now. So far, it's pretty interesting. I will keep you posted.

There's some kind of wild rumor that a trip to Current River is in the making a couple of weeks from now. I have never been, but they tell me it is the ultimate redneck adventure. Current River Officianados even say there are things called "cooler tubes" that you can rent just for your beer! Could an outdoor adventure be more convenient?

Namaste

No comments: