Saturday, August 4, 2007

Pining for a Tropical Infusion


Whew! Just finished a whirlwind tour of the east end of KY Oaks Mall and properties within close proximity. I have never been so exhausted in my life. I had forgotten how many things one has to tote when a baby is involved. Purses, diaper bags, strollers. It's a workout just getting in and out of the car. We shopped at JC Penney for a little while then The Children's Place, and then on to Elder Beerman in desperate search of Michael Kors Hawaii. I just bought this alluring "new" cologne this spring, and already it's off the shelves...permanently from what I can gather. I am incredibly loyal to my colognes, so to bring a new one in to sit beside Lauren is rare. Now, when I realize how in love I am with Michael Kors, it's too late. Story of my life.
This weekend actually began on Thursday when I found out that my friend Brad had passed his CISA exam. (Hooray for Brad!!) Straight away that night we met at Max's with Justin and The Gang to celebrate. It was somewhat of a low key gathering replete with imports, brie and giggling in the garden. The fact that Justin is a VIP by the bartender's own admission meant that the rest of us were ad hoc VIPs that night, as well. It was a fun night while it lasted, but I had to run my tab early and get to bed. As you all know, good times past 9 p.m. can send my sensitive sleep patterns into disarray for weeks.
On Friday night I was treated to dinner by my friends Sue Ellen and Jeremy. Jeremy grilled the most delicious 2 1/2 inch thick pork chops. I marveled for some time afterward at how he'd gotten them adequately cooked without drying them out...always my downfall. It was nice to get to visit with them. Although I'd seen them a few times over the past several weeks, the opportunity to sit and talk just hadn't been there. You know how that goes.
Now it's almost 6 p.m. on Saturday, and I'm whining about where to go and what to do...always the same, tired routine. If only I had my Michael Kors Hawaii cologne. Then at least I'd feel tropically enhanced while doing the same old same old...nothing.
Namaste




No comments: