Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Update: Jerry's sink is currently going for $16,100.00. His water spigot is only going for $92.05. Bargain.

What is it about a stamp machine at the USPS that keeps it out of order 90% of the time? Our Coke machine at work is NEVER out of order, although it is out of Diet Coke a lot. Today, I left for work early with no cash when I realized that I needed to mail an envelope (a.k.a. bill). Even though I only needed a dollar to buy the stamp, I drove to the bank machine and had to withdraw $20 since that is the smallest denomination available for withdrawal anymore (?!). As I was driving back toward the post office it dawned on me that I would have to get change for a $20, because the stamp machine only takes $5 and $1. And, BTW, who would want $19 in freaking Sacajawea doubloons if it did take $20? The weight of your purse would equal that of the stamp machine. So I turned around and headed toward Hardee's to buy the breakfast to break the $20 to buy the stamp to mail the bill that I didn't want to pay in the first place. So, after waiting in line for 15 minutes to get the breakfast, I race back toward the USPS, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? A sign reading COINS ONLY.

Namaste

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have Star Wars stamps at my desk if you ever need one!