Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Getting ready for a breakaway. Heading up to the mitten state beginning tomorrow. More to come on that in the next couple of days.
I just finished watching Pie in the Sky: The Brigid Berlin Story. What can I say? I'm enamored with The Factory. I just can't seem to get enough information about the famous comings and goings and mass chaos. I'm envious of anyone and everyone (including Valerie Solanas) who ever visted it. I'm cuckoo for Andy and his friends and really want to just go back and watch everything at The Factory unfold like a campy 3D movie. It's intriguing to watch these people, now in their 60s, talk about the days at 33 Union Square West. I think about all they've seen and experienced in their lives and wonder what it must feel like to be Paul Morrissey or Brigid Berlin now. I wonder what they think about when they're having coffee or key lime pies. Do they think about mutual funds? Medicare? Or when they have that very first early morning moment of peace do they sip and think about parties and The Velvet Underground and Candy Darling and Interview magazine?
What will I think about sitting on the porch sipping coffee at retirement? What will you?
Namaste

No comments: