Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Finally back from my road trips for the week. They started on Sunday with a five hour trek across Missouri, through the horror of St. Louis construction traffic and back again on Monday. Then Tuesday it was off to Louisville for a meeting early Wednesday morning and back again this afternoon. Spending four and five hour stretches in a car creates a kind of interdependent depressed anxiety a lot like insomnia. The more I think about it, the slower the miles tick by. The slower they tick by, the more I want to scream, etc.

So, although it feels like Friday, it is only Wednesday...however...TOMORROW:


Yes, as a very unexpected and thrilling Christmas gift, and no doubt through some bizarre planet alignment, my brother was able to procure a Seinfeld ticket for yours truly. Aside from the cobalt blue ten-speed I received at age nine, this may be my best Christmas present EVER. I am joining my brother and his girlfriend for dinner tomorrow night at an as yet undisclosed location and then on to The Big Show. This is a very big deal for me since it starts at...

9:30 P.M.!
It might as well be at midnight, as anyone who knows me would agree. Even my brother, as I was marveling at the gift on Christmas Eve, said "The only thing is...it's a little late." But Seinfeld in Paducah is a once in a lifetime, so I am going to get crazy and may even stay up until...who knows...11! Wish me luck.

Namaste

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

NINE-THIRTY?!?!?! Are you mad?

I vote for napping 6PM-8PM. It's the only way.

Tim said...

Just make sure you get in before midnight. We don't want you turning into a pumpkin or anything.

btw, have you tried audio books for long car trips? The library has a fair selection on CD and even more on-line that you can download to your laptop or MP3 player. Though strangely they don't work on Apple iPods. Go figure.

Brenda said...

Don't worry, Christa...I'm betting you'll be WIDE awake for the Seinfeld show!

Anonymous said...

hey c, let me know go how it goes. loves ya! kelli

Tim said...

so..So...SO! How was it?

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Is it me or does that last comment have the distinct aroma of chopped formed and processed pig parts? The kind that comes in a rectangular blue can.

oh, and the deleted post was mine, I made at least 4 typos in a two line post. Sheesh.