Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I am here but still lacking any substance of which to write. I went to work, then to an off-site event two hours away and am home again. I thought a lot about the event that I attended, and I actually started to write about it but thought better. Work should remain at work.

I haven't been to yoga since December. I get this way...hermitic (is that a word? It should be) at times. I come home from work and immediately put on my sweatshirt and yoga pants. This way, I convince myself there's no chance in leaving since I'd have to put on real clothes to meet society. And let's face it, that's just too much trouble.

Some days, if my daughter is actually at home, I start supper. It's no secret that I like to cook, but cooking for oneself is anticlimactic to say the very least. On the nights that I don't cook and no one's here to witness, I eat gigantic piles of Wheat Thins or half a bag of Baked Lays for supper. Eating something crunchy always makes me feel like I'm getting more bang for my calorie.

Lately I've been sewing. Yes, you read that right. I've taken it up with a vengeance. I have yet to make myself anything presentable, but little Heidi has more dresses than she could ever possibly wear by age 12 months. I've become somewhat obsessed by it, I'll admit.

Well, I have to go now and get back to my latest work in progress. I will update you on how that goes...only if it turns out, that is.

Namaste

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It's the winter doldrums, Christa; I've got'em too. BTW, have you tried the Cream Cheese & Chives Wheat Thins? Deelicious!

Tim said...

Or how 'bout the Multi Grain Wheat Thins. Yummy. But ya know, if they are mutli grain should they still call 'em wheat thins?