Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wasted away again in Derbyville

Eastern time...I am confused. Should I be tired right now? I guess regardless if it's Eastern or Central time, I should probably be a little wasted either way. I am here in fabulous downtown Louisville, KY. When I arrived at around 5 p.m. (CST or EST, I'm not sure), I came in the room, worked through some emails and then went 'round the block to The Spaghetti Factory...a SUPREME disappointment. I must have been on heavy drugs last time I ate at one of these places, because I came away very nearly disgusted. The waitress was bitchy, the food was gross, and the crying babies were everywhere. The only thing good about this experience was the chianti.

Unfortunately for me, after dinner I decided to do a walk through of my Courtyard by Marriott's "amenities." That's when I ran into the Dredging Convention. No, I'm not kidding. It's "all dredging all the time" at least once a year in the Midwest according to my new friends. Lord knows at this point I couldn't tell you anything other than the fact that Kevin works for the Corps of Engineers and Dan works for "some place that recently bid on work at Westlake Chemicals." The real demons of the night were a bunch of drunk guys who live in Louisville that just got back from Mardi Gras (how is that possible when Mardi Gras was in February?). Anyway, a drunk (and evidently rich guy) Todd took it upon himself to purchase a bottomless glass of Merlot for me. The bottom was capped at two, but talk of partying beyond the Courtyard was imminent, and I was already having trouble separating Kevin from Dan and bowed out to be with you...you...you!

I'm really sorry, but I can't keep this up. U of L recruiting is looming very heavily, and two glasses of Merlot = Ambien for days to me.

I love YOU. Thanks for visiting.

Namaste

No comments: